6 Tips To Writing Irresistible Headlines
Whether on your emails, your squeeze pages or even your blog posts or videos, your headlines make your first impression to your prospects.
In the shopping mall that is the internet. Headlines determine if people will walk in and look around at what you have to offer and or if they’ll just ignore you and keep on walkin.
So here are 6 quick tips that will help you improve your headline writing skills putting you head and shoulders above your competition.
1) Learn from the Best: Get inspiration from top marketers. Visit their sites, subscribe to their email lists. Use their headlines for inspiration for your own. Don’t steal their work but you can model your headline writing after theirs.
2) Show enthusiasm: Put an exclamation mark at the end of your headline. Don’t overdo it though, one will do.
3) Make your headlines short: Your goal in the headline is simply to grab their attention. You can expand on your offer by writing a sub headline underneath.
4) Use “numbers of steps”: If your product can solve a problem in a couple of steps then mention that in the headline. This makes it extremely easy for your prospects to see the benefits of learning more about what you have to offer.
5) Ask questions: Questions make people curious. People can’t stand a mystery. We have an instinctual need to have questions answered. Make sure the question can be answered by your product or service.
6) Use comparative benefit statements: Similar to tip#4 use language that helps your prospects quickly spot the value you can offer them. Use phrases like “in under”, “for only”, “in as little as”, “more than”.
Here’s an example:
“Is It Really Possible To Write Irresistible Headlines In Under 5 Minutes That Will Have Your Customers Beating Down Your Door Literally Forcing You To Take Their Money?”
That headline is a bit long but I tried to use as many principles as possible. I hope you get the point.
So get writing. The only way to master this skill is to practice practice practice.
To your success,